May 18, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
“Today I want to thank you, challenge you, and finally, ask you a favor,” said Athletics Director Jack Swarbrick at Notre Dame Men’s Lacrosse’s graduation ceremony at the NCAA Hall of Champions. “I want to thank you for all that you have given to Notre Dame…I challenge you to do what you already do- to compete well. The next chapters of your life are all about competing well, to be the best husband, father, business leader, and community member you can possibly be. In this, you will do what you have always done while at Notre Dame- prepare well. If you prepare well, you can be equally passionate in your successes and failures. But always remember to enjoy the victories of your life.”
For the fourth straight year Men’s Lacrosse has held commencement ceremonies away from Notre Dame. This year they were held at the NCAA Hall of Champions, surrounded by family, former players, Athletics staff, and the coaches. The festivities began with mass conducted by Father Jack Dennis, and with AD Swarbrick as speaker. In his mass, Father Dennis asked our graduates to aspire to live life by listening to our hearts, and to let that by the guide as they move through the next phases. As the families looked on, AD Jack Swarbrick took over commencement exercises, and proclaimed our seniors to be graduates of the University of Notre Dame.
After graduation, the players piled out, ate a quick lunch, and then headed back to the hotel to change for practice. They arrived at Lucas Oil Stadium around 1:30 pm, changed, and then headed out to the field for 2 pm practice. As they walked out onto the field, eyes grew wide as they looked out over the 60,000 seats and bright lights. But soon it was time for business, and as the horn rang out, practice got underway.
After practice ends the team will have a quick autograph session, then back to the hotel for film review, dinner, and snack/uniform pick up. Follow their NCAA journey on Twitter @NDlacrosse and Instagram (ndlacrosse).
About In The Crease
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- RT @NDCoachGeoff: Success of a team falls upon the quality of athlete and environment created by a skilled coaching staff - no individual s… 10 hours ago
- Life stages #seniors #winners #ndwlaxcostumecontest instagram.com/p/uy9u6zSIHr/ 12 hours ago
- Juniors being junior things #ndwlaxcostumecontest instagram.com/p/uy9rmmyIHm/ 12 hours ago
- Sophomore Princesses with Prince Charming #ndwlaxcostumecontest instagram.com/p/uy9nF3yIHY/ 12 hours ago
- Freshmen as Mario Kart biked from campus #ndwlaxcostumecontest instagram.com/p/uy9htHyIHU/ 12 hours ago
- Baseball. Blue Tops Gold, 6-3, In First Game Of Annual Fall Series
- Football. Notre Dame's Jerome Bettis Named Walter Camp Man of the Year
- Football. IRISH EXTRA: Irish Know It's `Game On' with Midshipmen
- W. Volleyball. Irish Welcome In Georgia Tech For Halloween Showdown
- M. Soccer. Irish Place Three On Academic All-District 5 First Team
- Cross Country. Irish Eye Consistency At Hilly ACC Championship Race
- M. Soccer. #5 Notre Dame Draws With #12 Michigan State, 1-1
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Icers To Play Host To Vermont To Close Out Eight-Game Home Stand
- W. Volleyball. Volleyball Update: Crunching The Numbers From Virginia
- M. Basketball. Fighting Irish Picked Seventh In ACC Preseason Poll