May 18, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
“Today I want to thank you, challenge you, and finally, ask you a favor,” said Athletics Director Jack Swarbrick at Notre Dame Men’s Lacrosse’s graduation ceremony at the NCAA Hall of Champions. “I want to thank you for all that you have given to Notre Dame…I challenge you to do what you already do- to compete well. The next chapters of your life are all about competing well, to be the best husband, father, business leader, and community member you can possibly be. In this, you will do what you have always done while at Notre Dame- prepare well. If you prepare well, you can be equally passionate in your successes and failures. But always remember to enjoy the victories of your life.”
For the fourth straight year Men’s Lacrosse has held commencement ceremonies away from Notre Dame. This year they were held at the NCAA Hall of Champions, surrounded by family, former players, Athletics staff, and the coaches. The festivities began with mass conducted by Father Jack Dennis, and with AD Swarbrick as speaker. In his mass, Father Dennis asked our graduates to aspire to live life by listening to our hearts, and to let that by the guide as they move through the next phases. As the families looked on, AD Jack Swarbrick took over commencement exercises, and proclaimed our seniors to be graduates of the University of Notre Dame.
After graduation, the players piled out, ate a quick lunch, and then headed back to the hotel to change for practice. They arrived at Lucas Oil Stadium around 1:30 pm, changed, and then headed out to the field for 2 pm practice. As they walked out onto the field, eyes grew wide as they looked out over the 60,000 seats and bright lights. But soon it was time for business, and as the horn rang out, practice got underway.
After practice ends the team will have a quick autograph session, then back to the hotel for film review, dinner, and snack/uniform pick up. Follow their NCAA journey on Twitter @NDlacrosse and Instagram (ndlacrosse).
About In The Crease
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Congrats to Cortney Fortunato, the Notre Dame Student-Athlete of the Week! Nice clip, @WatchND! watchnd.tv/#!/videos/F0cT… 9 hours ago
- #NDday is 4/27, starting at 6:42pm ET - Download the official twitter icon and desktop wallpaper here - sot.ag/2BkbY 11 hours ago
- Irish Fall at No. 13 Ohio State, 12-9 und.com/sports/w-lacro… fb.me/15MQ47cgD 1 day ago
- Final score in Columbus, No. 13 Ohio State 12, No. 9 Notre Dame 9. Irish play host to No. 1 Syracuse Saturday at 3 for Senior Day. 1 day ago
- Lauren Sullivan scores from Cortney Fortunato. The score is now 12-9 OSU with 1:07 to play. 1 day ago
- W. Golf. Notre Dame Plays In Its First ACC Championship This Weekend
- M. Basketball. New Jersey Guard Matt Farrell Set To Join Notre Dame Men's Basketball Program
- Fencing. Fencing Signs Five Freshmen To Next Year's Team
- W. Lacrosse. Women's Lacrosse Loses at No. 13 Ohio State, 12-9
- Softball. #21/22 Irish Close Homestand Against Toledo Wednesday
- W. Rowing. Rowing Recap: Onward To Michigan
- Baseball. Winter Weather Postpones Baseball Game At Michigan State
- Baseball. Baseball Jumps Back Into Action This Week At Michigan State And Toledo
- W. Lacrosse. Molly Shawhan Selflessly Serves Society
- W. Basketball. McBride, Achonwa Selected In First Round Of 2014 WNBA Draft