May 18, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
“Today I want to thank you, challenge you, and finally, ask you a favor,” said Athletics Director Jack Swarbrick at Notre Dame Men’s Lacrosse’s graduation ceremony at the NCAA Hall of Champions. “I want to thank you for all that you have given to Notre Dame…I challenge you to do what you already do- to compete well. The next chapters of your life are all about competing well, to be the best husband, father, business leader, and community member you can possibly be. In this, you will do what you have always done while at Notre Dame- prepare well. If you prepare well, you can be equally passionate in your successes and failures. But always remember to enjoy the victories of your life.”
For the fourth straight year Men’s Lacrosse has held commencement ceremonies away from Notre Dame. This year they were held at the NCAA Hall of Champions, surrounded by family, former players, Athletics staff, and the coaches. The festivities began with mass conducted by Father Jack Dennis, and with AD Swarbrick as speaker. In his mass, Father Dennis asked our graduates to aspire to live life by listening to our hearts, and to let that by the guide as they move through the next phases. As the families looked on, AD Jack Swarbrick took over commencement exercises, and proclaimed our seniors to be graduates of the University of Notre Dame.
After graduation, the players piled out, ate a quick lunch, and then headed back to the hotel to change for practice. They arrived at Lucas Oil Stadium around 1:30 pm, changed, and then headed out to the field for 2 pm practice. As they walked out onto the field, eyes grew wide as they looked out over the 60,000 seats and bright lights. But soon it was time for business, and as the horn rang out, practice got underway.
After practice ends the team will have a quick autograph session, then back to the hotel for film review, dinner, and snack/uniform pick up. Follow their NCAA journey on Twitter @NDlacrosse and Instagram (ndlacrosse).
About In The Crease
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- #NDday starts 4/27 @6:42pm- Get all the essential info, now! - sot.ag/2Dw6Z 8 hours ago
- Notre Dame rallied against No. 1 Syracuse but couldn't pull off an upset in the ACC tournament.... fb.me/6uhBtvlWB 9 hours ago
- Final score, No. 1 Syracuse 16, No. 13 Notre Dame 11. Caitlin Gargan leads ND with three goals and three assists. 12 hours ago
- Gargan has three goals and three assists, tying her career high of six points. 12 hours ago
- Brie Custis gives the ball to Caitlin Gargan who fires one home to complete a hat trick at 2:48. Now 16-11 12 hours ago
- W. Tennis. Notre Dame Claims First ACC Championship Victory Over Boston College
- Softball. #21 Irish Outlast Valparaiso 7-2 In Midweek Tilt
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Play No. 1 Syracuse Tough But Fall in ACC Quarters
- Baseball. Notre Dame Welcomes Northeastern To the U.S. Steel Yard This Weekend
- M. Lacrosse. #9 Irish To Meet #5 Maryland Friday In ACC Semifinals
- M. Golf. Irish Ready For First ACC Championship
- Baseball. Irish Fall To Central Michigan, 4-3, In Kalamazoo
- Softball. #21 Irish, Longtime Foe Valparaiso Meet In Thursday Showdown
- M. Lacrosse. Matt Kavanagh And Stephen O'Hara Named All-ACC
- W. Lacrosse. Margaret Smith Named All-ACC