May 18, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
“Today I want to thank you, challenge you, and finally, ask you a favor,” said Athletics Director Jack Swarbrick at Notre Dame Men’s Lacrosse’s graduation ceremony at the NCAA Hall of Champions. “I want to thank you for all that you have given to Notre Dame…I challenge you to do what you already do- to compete well. The next chapters of your life are all about competing well, to be the best husband, father, business leader, and community member you can possibly be. In this, you will do what you have always done while at Notre Dame- prepare well. If you prepare well, you can be equally passionate in your successes and failures. But always remember to enjoy the victories of your life.”
For the fourth straight year Men’s Lacrosse has held commencement ceremonies away from Notre Dame. This year they were held at the NCAA Hall of Champions, surrounded by family, former players, Athletics staff, and the coaches. The festivities began with mass conducted by Father Jack Dennis, and with AD Swarbrick as speaker. In his mass, Father Dennis asked our graduates to aspire to live life by listening to our hearts, and to let that by the guide as they move through the next phases. As the families looked on, AD Jack Swarbrick took over commencement exercises, and proclaimed our seniors to be graduates of the University of Notre Dame.
After graduation, the players piled out, ate a quick lunch, and then headed back to the hotel to change for practice. They arrived at Lucas Oil Stadium around 1:30 pm, changed, and then headed out to the field for 2 pm practice. As they walked out onto the field, eyes grew wide as they looked out over the 60,000 seats and bright lights. But soon it was time for business, and as the horn rang out, practice got underway.
After practice ends the team will have a quick autograph session, then back to the hotel for film review, dinner, and snack/uniform pick up. Follow their NCAA journey on Twitter @NDlacrosse and Instagram (ndlacrosse).
About In The Crease
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- RT @1001RecruitTips: “Change is not a threat, it’s an opportunity. Survival is not the goal, transformative success is.” – Seth Godin #Morn… 1 hour ago
- RT @FightingIrish: Irish Sports Schedule - @NDwomensTennis v Charleston, 2pm ET - @NDWomensLax v Richmond, 3pm ET - @NDBaseball v Appalachi… 1 hour ago
- Great Family Style Dinner to start Spring Break!!! @MaggianosRVA thanks for having us http://t.co/46CdltwFTx 12 hours ago
- Beautiful night to practice under the lights at Richmond #GoIrish #nofilter http://t.co/MaGE1XVeab 15 hours ago
- No. 7/6 Notre Dame riding momentum into Tuesday's game at Richmond.... fb.me/12VAsxgkx 15 hours ago
- M. Golf. Irish Sit In Sixth Place After Day One In San Diego
- Softball. Winter Named ACC Pitcher Of The Week
- W. Lacrosse. No. 7/6 Women's Lacrosse Carries Momentum to Richmond
- Baseball. Irish Look To Shake Off Sting Of Weekend With Mid-Week At App State
- W. Basketball. Irish Trio Earns All-ACC Coaches Honors
- W. Tennis. Irish Travel To Face College of Charleston
- M. Basketball. Eric Atkins Earns All-Atlantic Coast Conference Honors
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Update: Irish And Pioneers Put On Show For Pacific Coast Fans
- W. Volleyball. Prendergast Joins Irish Volleyball Staff As Operations Specialist
- Football. Notre Dame Has Three on College Football Hall of Fame Ballot