Jan 15, 2013, 12:50 PM EDT
Welcome to In The Crease, the official blog providing in-depth and exclusive access to Notre Dame lacrosse. With features, videos, photos, commentaries and news from inside Arlotta Stadium, this is the place for coverage of the Fighting Irish unlike any you can find elsewhere.
While the blog is new, you will find a few old posts from this past fall, all of which originally appeared on UNDerground, our general athletics blog. With the spring semester set to begin in just a few days, it was time for lacrosse to have its own page, much like Irish United and In The Paint, which launched leading up to the soccer and basketball seasons. (While not every sport has its own blog, content for tennis, golf, baseball, softball, fencing and the rest of Notre Dame’s teams can still be found on UNDerground).
From this point forward, In The Crease will be the home for the latest and greatest content on the Notre Dame men’s and women’s lacrosse teams. Be sure to subscribe to the blog by entering your e-mail address in the box on the right side of the page.
I also suggest follow both teams on their social media channels, which can be found on the right side of the page as well. But to save you a few seconds, here’s a cheat sheet.
The countdown is on. The men’s squad takes on the U.S. National Team and Jacksonville in a pair of exhibition games on Jan. 26, while the women play at Stanford on Feb. 16.
About In The Crease
- Recovery workout on Arlotta: Strides, Stretch, Foam Rollers, Norma-Tek, Bands #1PercentMore http://t.co/9N2OldQKJH 1 hour ago
- Tremendous crowd at Army game yesterday, r players honored the fans patience & support awaiting autographs & selfies http://t.co/MEZi3q5Zyp 4 hours ago
- Thank You HeadWrapz & Cascade. Helmets have shined on TV this season w/more to come instagram.com/p/2OITzvnRP7/ 7 hours ago
- Making the walk from Newark Airport Marriott en route to campus for practice, study hall then Selection Show at 9PM http://t.co/MCJNF6fljf 8 hours ago
- Game Story from @ndlacrosse 17-8 win over Army West Point und.com/sports/m-lacro… 8 hours ago
- RT @NotreDameSWD: Special thanks to our 2014-15 SAAC Community Service Chairs for all your help coordinating the Habitat builds! http://t.c… 1 day ago
- Our thoughts and prayers are with Temple Women's Lacrosse 2 days ago
- RT @FightingIrish: Our Student-Athlete Awards Show, THE OSCARS, were held tonight. Check out some of the big winners🏆 ⛳️🏃🚣🚨🏊🏀🏈⚽️⚾️⚪️ http… 3 days ago
- RT @WatchND: Video: @NDWomensLax head coach @NDcoachPenny stops by the ND Day set for an interview Watch: watchnd.tv/#!/videos/s4eH… 5 days ago
- There is still time left! #donate and #vote for @NDWomensLax! #NDday2015 http://t.co/emM2WoZb1Z 5 days ago
- Baseball. Baseball Falls To Northwestern State, 8-2, Saturday
- Football. Ben Koyack Chosen in NFL Draft
- Track. Irish Women Boost Top Marks On Final Day At Jesse Owens Track Classic
- M. Lacrosse. No. 2 Notre Dame Closes Out Regular Season With 17-8 Win At No.18 Army
- Baseball. Irish Shut Down The Demons, 4-1, Friday Night
- Track. Irish Log Top Finishes On Day One Of Jesse Owens Track Classic
- M. Soccer. Irish Extra: Ferguson Not Far Removed from Championship Form
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Close Out Regular Season At Army On Saturday
- W. Rowing. Kottkamp Named 2015 Notre Dame Valedictorian
- Baseball. Irish Extra: Fiala Upsizes Input to Irish Baseball Offense