May 18, 2013, 3:50 PM EST
“Today I want to thank you, challenge you, and finally, ask you a favor,” said Athletics Director Jack Swarbrick at Notre Dame Men’s Lacrosse’s graduation ceremony at the NCAA Hall of Champions. “I want to thank you for all that you have given to Notre Dame…I challenge you to do what you already do- to compete well. The next chapters of your life are all about competing well, to be the best husband, father, business leader, and community member you can possibly be. In this, you will do what you have always done while at Notre Dame- prepare well. If you prepare well, you can be equally passionate in your successes and failures. But always remember to enjoy the victories of your life.”
For the fourth straight year Men’s Lacrosse has held commencement ceremonies away from Notre Dame. This year they were held at the NCAA Hall of Champions, surrounded by family, former players, Athletics staff, and the coaches. The festivities began with mass conducted by Father Jack Dennis, and with AD Swarbrick as speaker. In his mass, Father Dennis asked our graduates to aspire to live life by listening to our hearts, and to let that by the guide as they move through the next phases. As the families looked on, AD Jack Swarbrick took over commencement exercises, and proclaimed our seniors to be graduates of the University of Notre Dame.
After graduation, the players piled out, ate a quick lunch, and then headed back to the hotel to change for practice. They arrived at Lucas Oil Stadium around 1:30 pm, changed, and then headed out to the field for 2 pm practice. As they walked out onto the field, eyes grew wide as they looked out over the 60,000 seats and bright lights. But soon it was time for business, and as the horn rang out, practice got underway.
After practice ends the team will have a quick autograph session, then back to the hotel for film review, dinner, and snack/uniform pick up. Follow their NCAA journey on Twitter @NDlacrosse and Instagram (ndlacrosse).
About In The Crease
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Great day of lax in MA. Looking forward to our December 10th clinic on campus. It's not too late to sign up! #futureIrish☘️ #winterlax🎄 1 day ago
- RT @KRPowell10: Take a 📸when your #twinning at Detroit airport. #homeunderthedome #GoIrish #HappyHolidays 🎄❄️⛄️@NDWomensLax @NDcoachPenny @… 1 day ago
- This ones for you #Irish! ☘️ https://t.co/CXCMN1oV1a 1 day ago
- Love our alumni!! C u in Feb! #GoIrish 🙌🏼🍀 twitter.com/megank10/statu… 3 days ago
- The Irish released their 2017 schedule, highlighted by a matchup against Team USA! ☘️🇺🇸 ➡️STORY:... fb.me/6zLCxdVjN 3 days ago
- M. Basketball. Fort Wayne Preview - Five Things To Know
- W. Basketball. Jackie Young Named ACC Rookie of the Week
- M. Basketball. Colson Named ACC Player Of The Week
- Softball. Irish Softball Expands Camp Opportunities By Popular Demand
- General News. Fighting Irish Media Adds To Emmy Collection
- M. Basketball. Irish Equal Best Start Under Brey with Victory Over Aggies
- W. Basketball. Irish Offense Explodes In 114-54 Victory Over Crusaders
- Football. Sunday Brunch: Alongside Jim and Dan
- M. Ice Hockey. Evans Helps Lead Irish To Shutout Win At UMass
- Football. KELLY CARES FOUNDATION, MEIJER, PAPA VINO’S, NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL