May 18, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
“Today I want to thank you, challenge you, and finally, ask you a favor,” said Athletics Director Jack Swarbrick at Notre Dame Men’s Lacrosse’s graduation ceremony at the NCAA Hall of Champions. “I want to thank you for all that you have given to Notre Dame…I challenge you to do what you already do- to compete well. The next chapters of your life are all about competing well, to be the best husband, father, business leader, and community member you can possibly be. In this, you will do what you have always done while at Notre Dame- prepare well. If you prepare well, you can be equally passionate in your successes and failures. But always remember to enjoy the victories of your life.”
For the fourth straight year Men’s Lacrosse has held commencement ceremonies away from Notre Dame. This year they were held at the NCAA Hall of Champions, surrounded by family, former players, Athletics staff, and the coaches. The festivities began with mass conducted by Father Jack Dennis, and with AD Swarbrick as speaker. In his mass, Father Dennis asked our graduates to aspire to live life by listening to our hearts, and to let that by the guide as they move through the next phases. As the families looked on, AD Jack Swarbrick took over commencement exercises, and proclaimed our seniors to be graduates of the University of Notre Dame.
After graduation, the players piled out, ate a quick lunch, and then headed back to the hotel to change for practice. They arrived at Lucas Oil Stadium around 1:30 pm, changed, and then headed out to the field for 2 pm practice. As they walked out onto the field, eyes grew wide as they looked out over the 60,000 seats and bright lights. But soon it was time for business, and as the horn rang out, practice got underway.
After practice ends the team will have a quick autograph session, then back to the hotel for film review, dinner, and snack/uniform pick up. Follow their NCAA journey on Twitter @NDlacrosse and Instagram (ndlacrosse).
About In The Crease
- RT @CascadeLacrosse: THE “LUCK OF THE IRISH” ☘️@ndlacrosse #STPATRICKSDAY #CascadeSHelmet INSTAGRAM GIVEAWAY! WIN the same #CascadeSHelmet… 6 minutes ago
- RT @UNISWAG: Unis set for @NDlacrosse’s #StPatricksDay game. @NDLaxExperience x #uniswag https://t.co/g5FtTMfnc6 12 minutes ago
- RT @NDLaxExperience: Check out the Jersey & Helmet Reveal for our Special St. Patrick’s Day Kit for today’s game vs. UVA. https://t.co/scVb… 14 minutes ago
- Check out the St. Patrick’s Day Uniform from @UALacrosse & helmet from @CascadeLacrosse & @Head_Wrapz for @ESPNU ga… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- Game Day. https://t.co/S31K7YTmrA 2 hours ago
- Gameday info: Virginia ⏰ 1 pm ET 📍 Arlotta Stadium (Notre Dame, IN) 📹 espn.com/watch/_/id/329… 📈… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- RT @GoIrish: 🚨 GAME DAY 🚨 @NDWomensLax vs Virginia ⌚️ 1 PM 📍 Arlotta Stadium 🆓 T-shirts while supplies last 🆓 Admission https://t.co/TGjYD… 2 hours ago
- ☘️☘️ IT’S GAMEDAY ☘️☘️ The Irish are back home to host No. 8/7 Virginia on St. Patrick’s Day!! Opening draw is set… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: The best way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day? A day full of the Irish! ☘️@NDmbb ☘️@NDXCTF ☘️@NDWomensLax ☘️@NDSoftball… 15 hours ago
- The Irish are back home this weekend and hosting Virginia on St. Patrick's Day!! Catch them at Arlotta tomorrow at… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 20 hours ago
- Track & Field. Richartz Breaks School Record at Hurricane Invitational
- Baseball. Irish Down #7 Florida State, 8-7
- Swimming & Diving. #19 Irish Complete Day 3 At NCAAs
- M. Golf. Irish Men's Golf Tied for Fourth after Round One at Schenkel Inv.
- W. Basketball. No. 1 Irish Conquer No. 16 CSUN, 99-81
- W. Golf. Women's Golf Fifth After First Round of Clover Cup
- Softball. Balanced Irish Defeat Louisville 10-3
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Host Top-Five Battle For Big Ten Title
- Baseball. Irish Baseball Releases Promotional Schedule
- W. Tennis. Irish Pass No. 36 Virginia Tech, 5-2