May 18, 2013, 3:50 PM EDT
“Today I want to thank you, challenge you, and finally, ask you a favor,” said Athletics Director Jack Swarbrick at Notre Dame Men’s Lacrosse’s graduation ceremony at the NCAA Hall of Champions. “I want to thank you for all that you have given to Notre Dame…I challenge you to do what you already do- to compete well. The next chapters of your life are all about competing well, to be the best husband, father, business leader, and community member you can possibly be. In this, you will do what you have always done while at Notre Dame- prepare well. If you prepare well, you can be equally passionate in your successes and failures. But always remember to enjoy the victories of your life.”
For the fourth straight year Men’s Lacrosse has held commencement ceremonies away from Notre Dame. This year they were held at the NCAA Hall of Champions, surrounded by family, former players, Athletics staff, and the coaches. The festivities began with mass conducted by Father Jack Dennis, and with AD Swarbrick as speaker. In his mass, Father Dennis asked our graduates to aspire to live life by listening to our hearts, and to let that by the guide as they move through the next phases. As the families looked on, AD Jack Swarbrick took over commencement exercises, and proclaimed our seniors to be graduates of the University of Notre Dame.
After graduation, the players piled out, ate a quick lunch, and then headed back to the hotel to change for practice. They arrived at Lucas Oil Stadium around 1:30 pm, changed, and then headed out to the field for 2 pm practice. As they walked out onto the field, eyes grew wide as they looked out over the 60,000 seats and bright lights. But soon it was time for business, and as the horn rang out, practice got underway.
After practice ends the team will have a quick autograph session, then back to the hotel for film review, dinner, and snack/uniform pick up. Follow their NCAA journey on Twitter @NDlacrosse and Instagram (ndlacrosse).
About In The Crease
- RT @ProudtobeND: A record eighteen @NotreDame students have been named Fulbright grant finalists in the 2015-16 program. http://t.co/iQd4n6… 7 minutes ago
- In Every Direction. Gold. instagram.com/p/55MJ8sHRNd/ 1 day ago
- Zahm House, a residence hall, at Notre Dame #NDLaxCampusTour instagram.com/p/54oVxUHRC_/ 2 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/INoRsimPwFE?a NYC/Seattle 2014: ND Lax Annual Networking Trips 2 days ago
- The Log Chapel, originally constructed in 1831, on campus of Notre Dame #NDLaxCampusTour instagram.com/p/520aDNHRIk/ 2 days ago
- Today is the day🔴⚪️🔵Play Like A Champion Today🍀 Hannah, Sam, and Nikki #beatcanada #USAWLAX #GoForGold🏆 3 days ago
- RT @mattcashore: By popular demand--here's the blue moon. http://t.co/qrd8fggQYT 3 days ago
- RT @FightingIrish: You may notice the "Blue Moon" tonight (2nd full moon in a month)... ...but do you remember the "Blood Moon" in 2014? ht… 3 days ago
- RT @NDsoftball: Perfect day on campus 🍀 http://t.co/IJnABH2qeS 4 days ago
- Good luck Sam, Nikki, and Hannah against England 🔴⚪️🔵🍀 #irishfamily #USAWLAX 5 days ago
- W. Basketball. Loyd Takes WNBAâ€™s Top Rookie Prize in July
- W. Soccer. Irish Among Early Top 10
- Monogram Club. Monogram Club To Host Riehle Open On The Road At Stanford
- W. Lacrosse. Ortega Named All-World; Team USA Claims Silver
- W. Lacrosse. Incoming Freshmen Play for World Championship on Sat.
- W. Swimming. Irish Stars Thrive On International Swimming Stage
- W. Golf. Cool, Confident Hamilton Matures in Wyndham Cup Debut
- W. Volleyball. How To Watch Irish Volleyball Matches In 2015
- W. Soccer. Irish, ACC Release Expanded Broadcast Schedule
- M. Golf. Irish Earn A 2015 GCAA Team Academic Award