May 18, 2013, 3:50 PM EST
“Today I want to thank you, challenge you, and finally, ask you a favor,” said Athletics Director Jack Swarbrick at Notre Dame Men’s Lacrosse’s graduation ceremony at the NCAA Hall of Champions. “I want to thank you for all that you have given to Notre Dame…I challenge you to do what you already do- to compete well. The next chapters of your life are all about competing well, to be the best husband, father, business leader, and community member you can possibly be. In this, you will do what you have always done while at Notre Dame- prepare well. If you prepare well, you can be equally passionate in your successes and failures. But always remember to enjoy the victories of your life.”
For the fourth straight year Men’s Lacrosse has held commencement ceremonies away from Notre Dame. This year they were held at the NCAA Hall of Champions, surrounded by family, former players, Athletics staff, and the coaches. The festivities began with mass conducted by Father Jack Dennis, and with AD Swarbrick as speaker. In his mass, Father Dennis asked our graduates to aspire to live life by listening to our hearts, and to let that by the guide as they move through the next phases. As the families looked on, AD Jack Swarbrick took over commencement exercises, and proclaimed our seniors to be graduates of the University of Notre Dame.
After graduation, the players piled out, ate a quick lunch, and then headed back to the hotel to change for practice. They arrived at Lucas Oil Stadium around 1:30 pm, changed, and then headed out to the field for 2 pm practice. As they walked out onto the field, eyes grew wide as they looked out over the 60,000 seats and bright lights. But soon it was time for business, and as the horn rang out, practice got underway.
After practice ends the team will have a quick autograph session, then back to the hotel for film review, dinner, and snack/uniform pick up. Follow their NCAA journey on Twitter @NDlacrosse and Instagram (ndlacrosse).
About In The Crease
- RT @paulcarcaterra: Q&A with the Baltimore Sun and reflecting on the weekend.... baltimoresun.com/sports/lacross… 4 hours ago
- Check out the game highlights from our win over Dartmouth youtube.com/watch?v=gl0qAQ… fb.me/224LznPRp 5 hours ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/gl0qAQuypm8?a MLAX vs. Dartmouth Highlights 5 hours ago
- RT @Inside_Lacrosse: There's a new No. 1 in town. @CascadeLacrosse/ @MaverikLacrosse Media Poll: bit.ly/1Gb4omr http://t.co/wUKf2cz… 9 hours ago
- RT @LacrosseMag: Nike/LM MD1 Top 5: @CuseMLAX @uncmenslacrosse @NDlacrosse @DU_MLAX @Duke_MLAX Top 20: laxmag.us/NikeLMTop20-MD1 http://t… 9 hours ago
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Football. Todd Lyght Introductory Quotes
- Football. Keith Gilmore Introductory Quotes
- Football. Autry Denson Introductory Quotes
- Football. Mike Sanford Introductory Quotes
- Football. Brian Kelly Press Conference Transcript
- Football. Irish Extra: Sanford Brings Both Experience and Memories to Irish Sideline
- Football. Irish Extra: Lyght Provides Valuable Link to Irish Past
- Football. Irish Extra: Denson Comes Home to Notre Dame
- Football. Irish Extra: It's Like Old Times Again for Keith Gilmore
- Football. Notre Dame Announces 2015 Football Staff Changes