May 28, 2014, 8:40 AM EDT
The University of Notre Dame men’s lacrosse team is headed to Italy.
Barely 48 hours removed from playing for the 2014 national championship—the Irish fell to Duke 11-9 Monday in Baltimore in the title game of the NCAA Championships—they headed out Wednesday for a 10-day foreign tour featuring three games.
That NCAA achievement marked the third time in five years Notre Dame has qualified for NCAA Championship Weekend and the second time in five years the Irish played in the title game.
Most of the Irish players remained on the East Coast after the Monday title game in Baltimore–and then flew to Milan, Italy, out of New York’s JFK Airport. A small contingent of coaches, administrators and families flew out of Chicago Wednesday.
The Notre Dame squad will spend two nights in Como, three in San Marino, two in Montecatini Terme, Tuscany, and finally two in Rome. The Irish will…
View original post 144 more words
About In The Crease
- OT for ND Duke https://t.co/TbeW6jQREM 32 minutes ago
- Duke's Myles Jones scores at 7:37 of 4th to tie game at nine against Notre Dame. 50 minutes ago
- Duke takes advantage of Irish penalty and Chad Cohan scores 3rd goal at 11:09 of fourth -- 9-8 for Notre Dame 55 minutes ago
- Ryder Garnsey tally at 13:15 of 4th (his third goal) pushes Irish lead back to 9-7 59 minutes ago
- Duke cuts it to 8-7 for Irish at 13:59 of 4th on EMO 1 hour ago
- No. 6 Irish fall in the @ACCWLax semifinals for 2nd year in a row. NCAAs are up next. Selections May 8 at 9 p.m. https://t.co/bODgdbvhNT 1 hour ago
- Kiera McMullan throws a pass to Jenn Casadonte at the top of the crease for an Irish goal. ND is now down just 9-5 with seven minutes to go. 1 hour ago
- The Irish call time out with 9:04 to go and the ball on offense. Syracuse leads 9-4. 1 hour ago
- It's a 4-0 Orange run. Halle Majorana scores on a free position to make it 9-4 Syracuse with 12:35 remaining. 1 hour ago
- Riley Donahue scores for the Orange on Levy's entry pass and it's now 8-4 Syracuse with 14:42 left in regulation. The Irish call timeout. 1 hour ago
- Football. Two Fighting Irish Players Off the Board in Second Round of NFL Draft
- Baseball. Solomon Strikes Out Ten Batters As The Irish Notch 2-1 Victory Over Ohio
- Monogram Club. Sarah Kappers And Brian Talcott Receive Monogram Club Postgraduate Scholarships
- Baseball. Notre Dame Welcomes In Ohio For Non-Conference Series
- Softball. Diamond Details: Louisville (Strikeout Cancer)
- Track. Keys to the Meet: Drake Relays
- Football. Will Fuller Selected No. 21 Overall by the Houston Texans
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Advance to ACC Semifinals With 12-10 Win Over Louisville
- Football. Ronnie Stanley Selected No. 6 Overall by the Baltimore Ravens
- M. Ice Hockey. Hinostroza Added to 2016 U.S. Men's National Team Roster