Jun 2, 2014, 5:14 PM EDT
Monday, June 2, 2014
The Irish finished their third straight day of competition by defeating Team Italy 25-4 in a 10 a.m. match. Notre Dame led 6-1 after one period, 9-3 at halftime and 16-4 after three periods. The final day of the tournament was played under blue, sunny skies and 66-degree temperatures on an Italian governmental holiday, making for a three-day weekend.
Eddy Lubowicki had four goals, Matt Kavanagh had two of the first three goals plus two assists, and freshman Anthony Marini had four goals of his own.
Coach Kevin Corrigan used the occasion to take an early look at 2015, as he placed all the graduated seniors on the Italian team in the mixed roster contest. Ryan Mix scored two goals for the Italian squad and Ty Brenneman and John Scioscia also scored for Italy (Scioscia on a man-up chance)—while Kyle Ripp played the first two periods…
View original post 483 more words
About In The Crease
- RT @FightingIrish: 6⃣ All-Americans 4⃣ Top-3 Finishers 1⃣ NCAA Champion @NDFencing closed out the NCAA Championships with a 💪 performance… 1 day ago
- RT @NDHockey: FINAL - Irish 3, Penn State 2 2️⃣ Consecutive Big Ten Tournament Titles 4️⃣ Consecutive NCAA Tournament bids - a first in pr… 2 days ago
- #11 Notre Dame falls in OT to #5 Ohio State by a final score of 11-10. The Irish are back in action at Arlotta at n… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- The Buckeyes find the back of the net in OT and escape with an 11-10 win. The Irish are back in action next Saturda… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- OVERTIME! The Irish won the face-off but couldn't score. Notre Dame scored twice in the last 80 seconds to send it… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.